News

Great job on Finals, everyone! I was really impressed with the amount of preparation for this playing test and with your growth this year. If I had given you this music at the beginning of the year, most of you would have panicked and had no idea how to approach it. Instead, most of you panicked and play well anyway!


Saturday, April 6, 2013

SF day three

Sorry I missed day 2! We were in the city all day and got back late. We walked some of the Golden Gate Bridge - Maria, Kana, and I made it the furthest - halfway. It was so foggy we couldn't even see the bridge before we started walking on it! We then went to Fisherman's Wharf, ghirardelli square, and the Hard Rock to celebrate Kaila & Sarah's birthdays. I'll get pictures up on Monday but right now I'm posting from my phone.
Now for the performance results! We received the silver award, with an average score of 85.3 out of 100. Our 3 judges were Dr Kirt Saville from BYU, Dr James Arwine from Pasadena City College, and Dr Brian Sproul from the University of Utah. Dr Saville gave us a great clinic on stage after we performed, talking about matching bows and various ways to be even more expressive with our phrases. They loved the challenging nature of the pieces we performed, the musicality of our performance, and David & Miriam on Bailes - they played great today!
I did get 2 CDs at the awards ceremony tonight. I believe one is judges comments and the other is a recording of the group. We had microphones right in front of us.
Finally we received a big shiny trophy for overall orchestra award! Both the trophy and silver award plaque will be at the office front desk on Monday to check out.
And now everyone is in my room. Don't know how that happened. Popularity is my curse I guess.
Yes I rode roller coasters. The Grizzly is a wooden coaster, the Psycho Mouse is is a Goofy's Sky School type deal, and The Demon has 2 loops and a double corkscrew!
Bed check time! I'll see all y'all on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment