News

Great job on Finals, everyone! I was really impressed with the amount of preparation for this playing test and with your growth this year. If I had given you this music at the beginning of the year, most of you would have panicked and had no idea how to approach it. Instead, most of you panicked and play well anyway!


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First Concert

Hey everyone, our spaghetti dinner/concert/fundraiser was a great night. It was wonderful to see everyone come together for the cause of music. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to family and friends.

I thought we played great and looked great doing so! See for yourself on the photos page with pictures that my wife took. She really enjoyed the night despite the long drive and despite Clare going berserk from drinking the punch. She never drinks juice, especially the Hummingbird Food that is Kool Aid.

I really want to thank everyone, students and parents alike, for going beyond the playing and the food preparation to make our first event so successful. Ryan, Brady, Michael, Kathleen all did a tremendous job setting up, David moved out all the water bottles afterwards, Faith's mom manned the donation table and Andrew's mom vacuumed the WHOLE room afterwards! I know I'm forgetting people but that's just who is coming to mind right now.

2 comments:

  1. The concert was fantastic! FYI the punch had no sugar. It was crystal Light! Your beautiful daughter was just having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, my first comment! I feel like you should get a prize...

    You should have seen my wife's jaw drop when I told her the punch was Crystal Light! I guess it was a music rush, not a sugar rush.

    ReplyDelete